Marc F. Oates P.C., Naples, FL
Legal Intern, Fall 2021
- Managed and input data into client files in a busy real estate, business, and estate planning practice
- Conducted statutory research on such issues as annual reporting deadlines for corporations and notice of evictions for tenants
- Communicated with colleagues and clients in an efficient and timely manner
Guardian Ad Litem, Ft. Myers, FL
Legal Intern, Summer 2021
- Assisted with legal research on issues such as notice of termination of parental rights.
- Organized notes and legal documents for reviews on case plans, adjudicatory hearings, and judicial reviews
- Drafted memorandums on the factual and statutory basis for the likelihood that termination of parental rights would or would not be granted
Lee County School Board Attorney’s Office,
Legal Intern, Fall 2020-Spring 2021
- Assisted with compliance research to ensure compliance with Florida Sunshine laws that govern governmental entities course of conduct
- Drafted presentations for the School Board regarding issues such as the mask mandate policy.
- Drafted memorandums regarding issues such as the mask mandate policy, LGBQT+ awareness month, and the Whistleblower Protection Act
- Reviewed and revised contracts and policies